Two home cooked dinner classics, combined. These hearty burgers are packed with flavor, topped with a sticky, sweet sauce and served up with a generous helping of garlic-roasted potatoes. This easy recipe is a simple dinner that you can have on the table in around 30 minutes.
Meatloaf Burger Recipe with Garlic Potatoes
Yield: 4 Servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped parsley, divided
- 10 ounces ground beef sirloin
- ½ cup ketchup, divided
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 kaiser rolls, halved and toasted
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2-4 leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and pepper, as needed
1. Roast the Potatoes
Preheat oven to 450° F. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon softened butter and 1 garlic clove, sliced. Sprinkle generously with Kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 16-18 minutes or until lightly golden and tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Prepare the Meatloaf Patties
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. While potatoes are roasting, prepare meatloaf patties by mixing chopped red onion, carrot, celery, remaining garlic clove (minced), breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon parsley, beef, egg, ¼ cup ketchup, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix brown sugar with remaining ¼ cup ketchup in a small bowl. Form the meat into 2 4-inch patties on baking sheet and top with ketchup mixture. Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Assemble and Serve
Transfer meatloaf patties onto buns, top with remaining onion, tomato and lettuce. Sprinkle roasted potatoes with ½ tablespoon parsley and serve.
RECIPE: Authentic Greek Meatloaf
If You Love Breakfast for Dinner, Try ShakshukaMarch 23rd, 2017
How to Make Iced Irish CoffeeMarch 16th, 2017
Enjoy All Your Favorite Korean Flavors in Burrito FormMarch 16th, 2017
Enjoy Your Poutine with Extra VeggiesMarch 9th, 2017