Bake This: Chia Seed Banana Bread
What’s one thing we can’t get enough of around the Plated office? Banana Bread. With so many variations that are all equally delicious, it truly never gets old. We spiced up a classic banana bread recipe with some chia seeds and instead of making a loaf we decided to go with a circle pan. This resulted in a delicious cake-like banana bread that truly rivals some of the best we have ever had!
Check out this video for some behind-the-scenes shenanigans!
Banana Chia Seed Bread
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Heat the oven to 350° F, and butter either 10” x 3” round pan or a 5″ x 9″ loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas and in a large mixing bowl, mash them well with a fork. Stir in the sugar and then the egg. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the butter.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chia seeds in a separate bowl. Slowly fold the dry ingredients gently into the wet, mixing just until you no longer see any streaks of flour or dry ingredients. Try not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean and the bread starts to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Rachel Karten
Photography by Alivia Duran
Wine and Dessert Pairings: So Many Options, All in One InfographicOctober 24th, 2014
Plated Does Desserts NowOctober 14th, 2014