Bake This: Chia Seed Banana Bread
What’s one thing we can’t get enough of around the Plated office? Banana Bread. With so many variations that are all equally delicious, it truly never gets old. We spiced up a classic banana bread recipe with some chia seeds and instead of making a loaf we decided to go with a circle pan. This resulted in a delicious cake-like banana bread that truly rivals some of the best we have ever had!
Check out this video for some behind-the-scenes shenanigans!
Banana Chia Seed Bread
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Heat the oven to 350° F, and butter either 10” x 3” round pan or a 5″ x 9″ loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas and in a large mixing bowl, mash them well with a fork. Stir in the sugar and then the egg. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the butter.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chia seeds in a separate bowl. Slowly fold the dry ingredients gently into the wet, mixing just until you no longer see any streaks of flour or dry ingredients. Try not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean and the bread starts to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Rachel Karten
Photography by Alivia Duran
Make These Amazing Salted Chocolate Haystacks in MinutesFebruary 25th, 2015
Plated’s Guide to the Perfect At-Home Valentine’s DateFebruary 14th, 2015
Make This Incredible Nutella Milkshake In Seconds—No Blender RequiredFebruary 12th, 2015
7 Perfect Valentine’s Desserts in 30 Minutes or LessFebruary 11th, 2015
5 Reminders Why Cream Cheese Frosting Is Every Baker’s Secret WeaponFebruary 10th, 2015