Acai Bowls: What You Need to Know, Plus 5 Acai Bowl Recipes
Acai is a berry, from the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil. It’s known for many health benefits found in its antioxidants, vitamins, and protein—benefits like slowing the aging process, fortifying the immune system, and boosting metabolic function.
Acai bowls combine the acai berry with a bunch of other fantastic foodstuffs to make a power-packed meal—usually breakfast—or on-the-go snack. Our friend Elana Gross at the Preppy Post Grad knows all about acai bowls, too, and she’s compiled a list of 5 acai bowl recipes that you can make yourself. (DIY FTW!)
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Acai Bowl (Sambazon)
2. Figs and Coconut Acai Bowl (Sambazon)
3. Mango Acai Bowl Smoothie (Breakfast Criminals)
4. Sweet + Salty Chocolate Green Acai Bowl with Pretzel Granola (Sambazon)
5. Raw Chocolate Acai Bowl (A Little Insanity)
Pour your acai bowl into a mason jar for a quick breakfast on the go!
3 Great Ways to Cook BaconJanuary 13th, 2015
How to Perfectly Fry an EggJanuary 11th, 2015
Breakfast Year in Review: How We Cooked Eggs in 2014December 24th, 2014
What’s the Best Way to Cook an Egg? How to Do It 5 Different Ways…November 20th, 2014