5 Crazy (Good!) Rhubarb Recipes
It’s rhubarb season and you know what that means – pie! But you don’t have to wait until dessert feast on this sweet, vibrant vegetable. From soups to sauces, it’s more diverse than you might think. You also don’t have to stick to the classic pairing of rhubarb with strawberry. We’ve put together five of our favorite easy recipes that use rhubarb – and you’ll appreciate it all over again with each one.
1) This Rhubarb Chutney from the Huffington Post is the perfect bright, tangy accompaniment to your protein.
2) If you think soup is only for winter, this Rhubarb-Lentil Soup from MyRecipes.com is sure to change your mind.
3) Add some sweet rhubarb to your toast and yogurt with this Rhubarb-Pear Butter from Simple Bites.
4) A little twist on a classic: Bluebarb Pie recipe from Saveur.
5) This Strawberry Rhubarb Buttermilk Upside-down Cake from Edible Perspective lets you show off your strawberries and rhubarb.
- Emma Stratigos
Thanksgiving Test Kitchen Favorite: Baked Pumpkin ZitiNovember 26th, 2015
Test Kitchen Favorite: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas SuizasNovember 20th, 2015
Test Kitchen Favorite: Thai-Peanut Chicken CurryNovember 13th, 2015
Celebrate National Nachos Day with a One-of-a-Kind RecipeNovember 6th, 2015
Test Kitchen Favorite: Roasted Chicken with Parsnips and CarrotsNovember 5th, 2015